Skip to main content

https://www.stabroeknews.com/2...+%28Stabroek+News%29

Susana Culpepper, a 17-year-old girl of Charity Ex-tension Housing Scheme is now battling for her life at the Georgetown Public Hospital after she sustained first degree burns in an attack in the wee hours of Saturday............

Benn said that after her daughter broke off the relationship, her ex-boyfriend was persistently after her trying to mend the relationship.

“She was living with him for a couple months but they separate because he use to ill-treat and beat her and she said she don’t want him back but he keep going after her and now this is what”, happen, the mother lamented.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Bibi Haniffa posted:

This problem is not only among teenagers.  People in their sixties are even worse as their expiration date is in sight.

These ills were always there but one would have expected, in this day and age, these young people would have more options to better themselves before getting hooked into serious relationship.  

But I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same!  

As for them old frogs, well that’s a whole nother story!

FM

Too young for live in relation,she should be in school furthering her education. An educated young lady would not have fallen into that trap. The family unit has become unraveled , too many single parents, maybe this young girl was looking for a father figure.

K
kp posted:

Too young for live in relation,she should be in school furthering her education. An educated young lady would not have fallen into that trap. The family unit has become unraveled , too many single parents, maybe this young girl was looking for a father figure.

If you are familiar with what goes on since the PPP days, nuff youngsters drop out of school and stay home.  Next ting, dem shack up and mek illegitimate pickney.  

At our center in Lusignan, we tried to catch them early and offer them schooling and food.  BJ threatened us for not reporting truency even though the kids dropped years before we even arrived on the scene!

We even brought in a 9 year old girl who had stopped going to school.  She was embarrassed because her 30 year old uncle started having sex with at age 8.  She was afraid her friends would find out and make fun of her!  We got the police involved but the mother refused to cooperate against her brother because of financial help.  The doctors at GPH said she will never have kids as her organs were damaged from too early sex!

That is Guyana for you!!

FM
Amral posted:

All i will same some of them crotch too hot fuh sex

Dem politicians need to address this matter seriously 

Dummy, hot crotch is simply a biological function!!

If the PPP did not fix in dem own coolie area, you think the PNC give one shyte. The more of this with coolies, the better for Black rule!!

FM

Guyana has become very promiscuous. Many young "ladies" of today are very modest, not. Once they know that you are 'farin' they will approach you with a price for various favors. There are mothers who are pimping out their daughters. Prosecution is weak since many of the 'victims' will not go to court to testify.

Mitwah
Baseman posted:
Amral posted:

All i will same some of them crotch too hot fuh sex

Dem politicians need to address this matter seriously 

Dummy, hot crotch is simply a biological function!!

If the PPP did not fix in dem own coolie area, you think the PNC give one shyte. The more of this with coolies, the better for Black rule!!

She looks Amerind to me. Hope she recovers soon.

Mitwah
Amral posted:

Susana Culpepper, a 17-year-old girl of Charity Ex-tension Housing Scheme is now battling for her life at the Georgetown Public Hospital after she sustained first degree burns in an attack in the wee hours of Saturday............

Benn said that after her daughter broke off the relationship, her ex-boyfriend was persistently after her trying to mend the relationship.

“She was living with him for a couple months but they separate because he use to ill-treat and beat her and she said she don’t want him back but he keep going after her and now this is what”, happen, the mother lamented.

She is still a child.   Why would a mother allow her 17 year old to be living with a loser.  She should be in school.

alena06
alena06 posted:
Amral posted:

She is still a child.   Why would a mother allow her 17 year old to be living with a loser.  She should be in school.

Girl you ain’t see nothing yet.  On the east coast we met so many young girls, 15 years old with babies where their parents “put” them with boys/men.  17 is mild!  Many times the parents just want to get rid of them!

FM

That’s a shame Base. Kids need the security of parents who don’t want to get rid of them. The most famous Indian movie wedding song shows a grievous father at the time of his daughter’s wedding. That may be extreme but the idea is relevant.

FM
ksazma posted:

That’s a shame Base. Kids need the security of parents who don’t want to get rid of them. The most famous Indian movie wedding song shows a grievous father at the time of his daughter’s wedding. That may be extreme but the idea is relevant.

Bai, people don’t know what is really happening in Guyana’s underbelly.  We have been involved in a small part of ECD and you would be surprised what we see.  Scale that up and it ain’t pretty.  It’s every man for himself.  You saw what I wrote about the 9 year old girl.  Guyana is a case study in Animal Farm!

FM

This male friend that she was spending the night at is her current partner according to the news.

Kyle Goddette, who is accused of setting his ex-girlfriend and her current partner on fire during the wee hours of Saturday morning, was yesterday handed over to the police by his parents.

https://www.stabroeknews.com/2...urned-in-by-parents/

Some Guyanese living there now are a disgusting society (my opinion)

Amral
Last edited by Amral

True, and what’s worse is when you, the parent, encourages it under your own roof.  I know a coolie lady, educated, good moral upbringing, encouraged her son to move his girl in the family Home and provided them a bedroom to sleep together.  The motivation was to cover some house expenses.  Finance dozz mek people do some immoral things.  That’s how whoring came about!

FM
Last edited by Amral
Baseman posted:

Finance dozz mek people do some immoral things.  That’s how whoring came about!

Not quite so. Prostitution began before the invention of money and was not immoral. According to Wiki, "The Ancient Near East was home to many shrines, temples or "houses of heaven," which were dedicated to various deities. These shrines and temples were documented by the Greek historian Herodotus in The Histories,[4] where sacred prostitution was a common practice.[5]Sumerian records dating back to ca. 2400 BCE are the earliest recorded mention of prostitution as an occupation. These describe a temple-bordello operated by Sumerian priests in the city of Uruk. This kakum or temple was dedicated to the goddess Ishtar and was the home to three grades of women. The first grade of women were only permitted to perform sexual rituals in the temple, the second group had access to the grounds and catered to visitors, and the third and lowest class lived on the temple grounds. The third class was also free to find customers in the streets."

In primitive societies before money appeared some women bartered sex for some grains of wheat, or three potatoes, or a leg of lamb, etc. In modern societies, poverty/hunger/other needs drive some women to prostitution. In this latter sense I agree with you.

FM
kp posted:

It is beyond our capacity to offer conclusions as to what happened here. Guyana is a terrible place with deep pockets of poverty where children are abused and left to predators or their own direcretomn more often than not.

There are entire communities like the carib communities that is completely corrupted by outsiders. There the penetration of opportunism and greed and debauchery extends to the leaders in the community who are among the worse in the nation.

Baramita for example is a community that needs direct intervention from the state. Young women are raped indiscriminately, violence is endemic and the entire community is overwhelmed by alcohol and drugs because of one family from the coast who embed themselves there and use the community and its assets as their means to success.

The government, beginning with the PPP completely neglected the carib community. This girl is from that area. We cannot grasp her home life. It is obviously lacking since she left one abusive man to go to the arms of another and not her home. She is completely alien to what it is to live a wholesome and purpose driven life.

FM
Gilbakka posted:
Baseman posted:

Not quite so. Prostitution began before the invention of money and was not immoral. According to Wiki, "The Ancient Near East was home to many shrines, temples or "houses of heaven," which were dedicated to various deities. These shrines and temples were documented by the Greek historian Herodotus in The Histories,[4] where sacred prostitution was a common practice.[5]Sumerian records dating back to ca. 2400 BCE are the earliest recorded mention of prostitution as an occupation. These describe a temple-bordello operated by Sumerian priests in the city of Uruk. This kakum or temple was dedicated to the goddess Ishtar and was the home to three grades of women. The first grade of women were only permitted to perform sexual rituals in the temple, the second group had access to the grounds and catered to visitors, and the third and lowest class lived on the temple grounds. The third class was also free to find customers in the streets."

In primitive societies before money appeared some women bartered sex for some grains of wheat, or three potatoes, or a leg of lamb, etc. In modern societies, poverty/hunger/other needs drive some women to prostitution. In this latter sense I agree with you.

In some societies ie Greek/Roman, and Indian societies, Sacred prostitution was a way of morally uplifting  and  accepting the trade. Prostitutes were sometimes given status as diviners and priestesses as well as  entertainers ie actresses singers ( Theodora, wife of emperor Justinian was one )

The predominant family structure of human society was always one where the woman was seen as a prize, a possession and not shared. Universally prostitution as a practice was frowned upon.

FM
D2 posted:
Gilbakka posted:
Baseman posted:

In some societies ie Greek/Roman, and Indian societies, Sacred prostitution was a way of morally uplifting  and  accepting the trade. Prostitutes were sometimes given status as diviners and priestesses as well as  entertainers ie actresses singers ( Theodora, wife of emperor Justinian was one )

The predominant family structure of human society was always one where the woman was seen as a prize, a possession and not shared. Universally prostitution as a practice was frowned upon.

A US medical investigator was in India a few years ago to meet with the Minister of Health to help them with cures for HIV/AIDS. He told me about the call girls, after done with their customers for the day, heading down to the river with idols of gods and chanting religious songs, not believing they're sinning but that they're doing a sacred duty to earn a living and feed their families.     

FM

When I lived there I actually sponsored 20 of these women with kids (via Rotary) into schooling to make a better living.  They jumped at the opportunity as clearly it was not their preference!

Many of them are single/widowed/abandoned and have no skills, so this is how they feed their kids.

FM
Leonora posted:
D2 posted:
Gilbakka posted:
Baseman posted:

A US medical investigator was in India a few years ago to meet with the Minister of Health to help them with cures for HIV/AIDS. He told me about the call girls, after done with their customers for the day, heading down to the river with idols of gods and chanting religious songs, not believing they're sinning but that they're doing a sacred duty to earn a living and feed their families.     

Even Christ allowed one of them to rub him down with oil and perfume.  Hinduism doesn't really condemn prostitutes. It's considered as bad karma. People who do it, do it for survival. Those who indulge in it are considered to be more sinful than the providers and will suffer in another life (reincarnation). 

Mitwah
Last edited by Mitwah
Amral posted:

I saw an article today not sure how valid it is. Students trading sex for better grades

Listen banna, this happens all over, even UG. When I was in college a professor was fired for giving girls A’s in exchange for sexual favors.

Then they take it to corporate life/career and later cry sexual harassment!

FM
Baseman posted:
Amral posted:

I saw an article today not sure how valid it is. Students trading sex for better grades

Listen banna, this happens all over, even UG. When I was in college a professor was fired for giving girls A’s in exchange for sexual favors.

A professor told me how a student was all over him to get an A. He resisted because he'll be fired when she leaked it out!  

FM
Baseman posted:

When I lived there I actually sponsored 20 of these women with kids (via Rotary) into schooling to make a better living.  They jumped at the opportunity as clearly it was not their preference!

Many of them are single/widowed/abandoned and have no skills, so this is how they feed their kids.

I hope you are given Moksha for this noble deed.  Jai Shri Hari Bol.

Mitwah
Leonora posted:
Baseman posted:
Amral posted:

A professor told me how a student was all over him to get an A. He resisted because he'll be fired when she leaked it out!  

He really trusted you. Why?

Mitwah
Bibi Haniffa posted:

Where are the parents of this 17 year old?  The good people of respectable tradition would never let dem gyal chirren live home with a man prior to marriage.  

you living in the past 

FM
Amral posted:

I guess parents want to be rid of the burden of raising their girl children as fast as possible. Life must really be tough for some of them to make that decision 

Life is tough.  The rural economy for cash crop farmers virtually collapsed.  Cheap imports such as potato 🥔, etc drove many farmers into abject poverty and destitution.  So they farmer-out, “put”, or traded their daughters.  

The PNC wants to bring back import controls on products which have a local substitute.  But it’s a long process.  

As I mentioned, Guyana is an Animal Farm case study!

just last week we got a 14 yr old boy back in school.  Sad story, bright boy, father was killed in auto accident in 2014. No money for supplies and transportation. We raised $1,000 USD of FB and got him back in school.  Had it been a girl, she would have already been shacked up and pregnant, end of her and all her dreams!

FM
Last edited by Former Member
Mitwah posted:
Baseman posted:

I hope you are given Moksha for this noble deed.  Jai Shri Hari Bol.

What is Moksha?

FM
Last edited by Former Member
Nehru posted:
Amral posted:

I want to be a Teacher in guyana.

Bai, be careful, dem famous GNIers gon seh you Pedophile!

FM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.