Skip to main content

FM
Former Member

Ramjattan, Cathy Hughes to be AFC Vice Presidents

February 15, 2015 8:23 am Category: latest news A+ / A-

By Jomo Paul

L – R: AFC Executive Member, Beverly Alert; AFC Leader, Khemraj Ramjattan and Cathy Hughes. [iNews’ Photo]

[www.inewsguyana.com] – Moses Nagamootoo – Prime Ministerial candidate for the newly formed Alliance For Change (AFC) / A Partnership For National Unity (APNU) coalition – has revealed the Party’s two nominations for the Vice Presidency at the upcoming polls.

According to the Cummingsburg Accord, AFC would be given the opportunity to elect two Vice Presidents, if a new government is formed after the elections. Nagamootoo said AFC’s Leader Khemraj Ramjattan, is the nominee for Vice President and would also be responsible for Home Affairs.

He noted Ramjattan would be able to “suppress the episodes of criminal attacks on our citizens.” The other Vice President post he revealed would go to AFC’s Member of Parliament, Cathy Hughes.

“I joined force for a new Guyana when a young woman like my young sister Cathy Hughes could be a Vice President to give meaning and direction to youth policies, gender issues, tourism, cultural development so that we could create a new Guyana brand of who we are,” he said in a Facebook post.

He also revealed that AFC Chairman Nigel Hughes would be steering Guyana’s constitutional reform process but did not say what capacity this would be in.

Nagamoootoo made it clear too that the AFC would be having direct responsibility for the Agriculture sector.

“The AFC must hold the portfolio of Agriculture to make sure that sugar workers are protected and that rice farmers get the price for the paddy they deserve without being tear-gassed or stripped naked.”

Should the new coalition form government, the AFC is guaranteed 12 seats in the National Assembly.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I believe Burnham held the record for having the most simultaneous Vice Presidencies. He had like 7 simultaneously serving Vice Presidents. Even his wife was a Vice President.

FM

Makes me remember the time a guy asked me to work with him during an election and promised me that he would make me treasurer. I doubt he cared if I could do the job but that probably didn't matter since I am sure he promised others the same thing. This time around, vice president for everyone.

FM
Originally Posted by ksazma:

Makes me remember the time a guy asked me to work with him during an election and promised me that he would make me treasurer. I doubt he cared if I could do the job but that probably didn't matter since I am sure he promised others the same thing. This time around, vice president for everyone.

I'm surprised they didn't a Vice Presidency to every Berbician in return for a vote

FM
Originally Posted by Shaitaan:

I believe Burnham held the record for having the most simultaneous Vice Presidencies. He had like 7 simultaneously serving Vice Presidents. Even his wife was a Vice President.

This new coalition don't stand a chance of breaking Burnham's record.

FM

You know, technically I don't think the Constitution actually places a numerical cap on Vice Presidencies. We must be the only country with this situation

FM

I'm surprised they didn't a Vice Presidency to every Berbician in return for a vote

Could be coming bai. Dese bais are ingenious.

FM

You know, technically I don't think the Constitution actually places a numerical cap on Vice Presidencies. We must be the only country with this situation

The constitution itself is a joke. Now it will stay with Guyanese forever. Burnham: You're welcome.

FM

Could be coming bai. Dese bais are ingenious.

They just need to leave out the part about no official salary, no car, no office, no secretary, and no allowances are provided to Vice Presidents.

I'm not so sure Berbicians wuk fuh free

FM
Originally Posted by yuji22:

Vote for Cain as VP. Free herbs for all to huff and puff.

I'd rather see you as Vice President.

Vice President Yuji22....An empty honour for an empty suit

FM

Vote for Shaitaan for VP. Armed to the teeth, no messing around with this Vet.

Ow Gaaaad chap.

There goes whatever shred of credibility I have left

FM

Vote for Shaitaan for VP. Armed to the teeth, no messing around with this Vet.

Actually, I heard he's like a teddy bear...and he like a likkle puddy tat. Read his posts, that soft touch emits...swooosh...can't miss it.

cain

Ok Man, I am not suited for political office. 

No arguing with a decorated Vet.

FM

I'm just messin with you dude.

I can't all of a sudden seem to be friends with you guys. Redux is busy making me look bad

FM

I can't all of a sudden seem to be friends with you guys. Redux is busy making me look bad

Just be yourself. Who vex, ex.

It took a while for me to get used to your political style. It also smacks of humour.

FM

Just be yourself. Who vex, ex.

It took a while for me to get used to your political style. It also smacks of humour.

You tek lang fuh learn eh,good for you.

Django

They just need to leave out the part about no official salary, no car, no office, no secretary, and no allowances are provided to Vice Presidents.

I'm not so sure Berbicians wuk fuh free

We must at least have de sexetaries.

FM

Yuh rass only feel this way because de man opined that the PPP will win.

FM

Did he somehow miss the part where I said this election is for the average Indian a choice between HIV (PPP/C) and AIDS (PNC)? And I'm only pro-HIV in this specific context?

FM

Kaz..you sharp bhai.

Django

Did he somehow miss the part where I said this election is for the average Indian a choice between HIV (PPP/C) and AIDS (PNC)? And I'm only pro-HIV in this specific context?

ROTFL      

Django

That would be expecting too much from Yuji.

FM
Originally Posted by Django:

Kaz..you sharp bhai.

Amazing how easy it is tuh get ova someone like Yuji.

FM

That would be expecting too much from Yuji.

I would seriously hesitate to trumpet that ringing endorsement

FM

Actually, I read it and it holds a lot of truth. 

FM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.