Skip to main content

FM
Former Member

264 house lots allocated - as Housing Ministry takes “One Shop Stop” to Region Three

Written by , Published in News, Georgetown, GINA, February 04, 2015, Source - GINA

Minister of Housing, Irfaan Ali addressing the gathering at the Housing Ministry’s 17th one stop shop in Region Three

Minister of Housing, Irfaan Ali addressing the gathering at the Housing Ministry’s 17th one stop shop in Region Three

Two hundred and sixty four (264) families in Region Three are now one step closer to becoming first time home owners, as the Ministry of Housing and Water took its first ‘one stop shop’ housing initiative for 2015 to the region.

The joyful beneficiaries expressed gratitude to the government for the measures put in place to allow citizens to benefit from this form of security.  

A total of 69 lots inDe-Willem were allocated, 54 of which are valued $700,000 each while 195 lots were allocated in Zeeburg, 154 of which are similarly valued.

According to Minister of Housing, Irfaan Ali, this allocation will benefit 1082 individuals.

The development of this project was done through a contracted sum of $213M by Chung’s Global Enterprise.  Minister Ali further pointed out that the project is 60% completed, with the installation of water network and application of crusher run to soon commence.

Also the installation of electricity that will cost Government $40M will commence in these areas before December.

Further,otherconsolidated expenditure to government includes the construction of the asphalted concrete main road to the tune of $63M and infrastructure works at a cost of $213M. This, when added to the $40M electricity installation, shows an investment of $316M by government, all to benefit the residents of this area.

Beneficiaries at the Housing Ministry’s ‘One stop shop’ in Region Three

Minister Ali also added that government provides a subsidy of $590,909 to every household, through its housing policy, which would be equivalent to $144,124 at an individual level, and a total of $156M for the new home owners of these areas.

In reflecting on the developments and investments in the region, the Housing Minister pointed out that from the period 2000 to 2015, the government expended $17.0B in housing development, creating housing schemes such as Zeelugt North and South, Tuschen North and South, Uitvlugt, Anna Catherina, Cornelia Ida, Leonora, Zeeburg, De Willem, Parfait Harmonie, Onderneeming, Westminster, Rect-Door-Zee, Lust -En- Rust, Schoon-Ord, and Belle West Phases I and II.  

This investment has provided 25,000 lots to 102,500 beneficiaries, taking these persons/families one step closer to owning a home.

Staff of the Housing Ministry attending to the houselot beneficiaries

In addition to this, the minister added that numerous developmental projects are on-going, one of which is the upgrading of approximately 15 kilometres of asphaltic, concrete-surface roads, at a cost of approximately $1.2Bin Tuschen, Zeelugt, Meten-Meer-Zorg, Zeeburg, De Willem, Uitvlugt, Ocean View, Leonora, Anna Catherina, Cornelia Ida, Windsor Forest, Parfait Harmonie, Onderneeming, Westminster, Recth-Door-Zee, Lust En Rust, Schoon-Ord and Belle West.

Minister Ali reiterated that in 2009, the demand for house lots in Region Three was 6000, and taking into consideration the new applicants over the years, today this has been reduced by 66%.

He also informed that government has just secured a loan of $3B, which will seeinfrastructural development for approximately 310 acres of land at Stewartville, Anna Catherina and Cornelia Ida.

This project will cater for the remaining applications, as government commits to reducing the figure by the end of 2017.  This will see approximately $2B being invested to develop 1,500 house lots.

President Donald Ramotar congratulating one of the new houselot beneficiaries  as Minister of Housing, Irfaan Ali looks on

Minister Ali also pointed out that the administration has shown that it has the capacity to realise and address the needs of its people, and it will not rest until the housing needs of every citizen is fully realised.

President Donald Ramotar, who was also present at the event, said that “One of the most important things human beings need in order to improve their lives and (so) add to the quality of life, is the security of home ownership, owning their own homes. I think that that is one of the most important things that contribute to a good quality of life.”

The President reflected on the past, when Guyana had no housing programme and very few persons were able to own their own homes, noting that he wasn’t able to acquire his own home until his golden days.

Region Three Chairman Julius Faerber,  welcomed the new land owners to the region, and urged them to work with the administration for the development of themselves and their allocated areas.

This ‘one stop shop’ which was held under the theme “Live the Guyanese dream-homeownership made easier” is the 17th such initiative which has been held in the region.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by yuji22:

God Bless a Caring PPP.

Yes thank God they "care" so much that plenty coolie teen girls are feeling their "love" daily through violent rapes.

I wonder how you would feel if someone raped your teen daughter and offered you some chump change to go away.

FM
Originally Posted by Demerara_Guy:

President Donald Ramotar congratulating one of the new houselot beneficiaries  as Minister of Housing, Irfaan Ali looks on

In a multicultural, multiracial country, the PPP appears to be taking care of what they consider their own

when the Gov't propaganda machine goes out of its way to paint a picture 180 degrees contrary to reality, they know in their hearts that what they are doing is not right

smh

FM
Originally Posted by warrior:

264 house lot given out 263 for collie and one black man and the ppp put his picture in the news this is what you call a commie propaganda 

I'm sure there are lots of very valid non-racist why only 1 black chap got a houselot.

FM
Originally Posted by Nehru:

Yeah Baby!! Let us go to the MOON.  Hop on the PROGRESS and PROSPERITY Train !!!!!!!!!!!!

Only the PPP and the Gold Teet Brigade could possibly believe trains could take you to the moon

FM
Originally Posted by Shaitaan:

Yeah Baby!! Let us go to the MOON.  Hop on the PROGRESS and PROSPERITY Train !!!!!!!!!!!!

Only the PPP and the Gold Teet Brigade could possibly believe trains could take you to the moon

FOOL, Why dont you examine the list before you spew your usual ILLITERATE GARBAGE!!!  WEre you born with a Pea brain or no brains at all???

Nehru

FOOL, Why dont you examine the list before you spew your usual ILLITERATE GARBAGE!!!  WEre you born with a Pea brain or no brains at all???

I'm no rocket scientist or anything. But I'm pretty sure you need rockets not trains to get to the moon

FM

I'm no rocket scientist or anything. But I'm pretty sure you need rockets not trains to get to the moon

I know you now looking for Guyana to build a Rocket.  Dat is how "SMART" you ARE!!!

Nehru

264 house lot given out 263 for collie and one black man and the ppp put his picture in the news this is what you call a commie propaganda 

Warria, get you glasses on. There is a black lady wearing pink on the second row to the right. Plenty moe muss be in de krowd. Me see wan adda blackman wid wan wite shut too plus dis blackman wide de dye shut.. You cyan kount?

FM

If Mohamed rode his horse all the way to Heaven, why can't a modern train take you to the moon? 

Mars
Originally Posted by Mars:

If Mohamed rode his horse all the way to Heaven, why can't a modern train take you to the moon? 

Excellent point!

Didn't Allah or Mohamed also cut the moon in two once?

So much the scientific world could learn from the PPP and Islam

FM

I have been looking further into these housing lots. The minister said:

Two hundred and sixty four (264) families in Region Three are now one step closer to becoming first time home owners, as the Ministry of Housing and Water took its first ‘one stop shop’ housing initiative for 2015 to the region.

So why one step closer? Is that step the upcoming election? i.e. vote PPP or else...?

Next he said: According to Minister of Housing, Irfaan Ali, this allocation will benefit 1082 individuals.

Based on that calculation, the lots are only destined for large families, who are in general coolies voting PPP.

So there are no provisions to give any of those lost to blacks and PNC voters, judging on what the minister has clearly indicated.

Mr.T
Originally Posted by skeldon_man:

Warria, get you glasses on. There is a black lady wearing pink on the second row to the right. Plenty moe muss be in de krowd. Me see wan adda blackman wid wan wite shut too plus dis blackman wide de dye shut.. You cyan kount?

okay author seemore them black people you think you see is what them ppp take there and some is darkskin indian people 

FM

The sums don't add up. If you have 264 families of four people in each family, that comes to 1056. The minister says it will benefit 1082 individuals. So who are these missing 26 individuals? Are there 26 pregnant women included in the calculations?

Mr.T
Originally Posted by Mr.T:

The sums don't add up. If you have 264 families of four people in each family, that comes to 1056. The minister says it will benefit 1082 individuals. So who are these missing 26 individuals? Are there 26 pregnant women included in the calculations?

What an ASS!!!!

Nehru

the man counting like how he thief always putting in extra

FM

What an ASS!!!!

Thanks for agreeing that the minister is an ass. He needs to explain himself better.

Mr.T

I'm sure there are lots of very valid non-racist why only 1 black chap got a houselot.

in the public policy arena, outcomes matter . . . outcomes

FM
Originally Posted by redux:

Thanks for letting us know.

Nehru

Jesus Christ. I forgot a smiley face.

Do you just go trolling for opportunities to disagree where none exist?

FM

why are u under the impression my post was hostile?

FM
Last edited by Former Member

I dunno. You just seem to have a lot of inner hostility

Very very stereotypical angry black male stuff

FM

I dunno. You just seem to have a lot of inner hostility

Very very stereotypical angry black male stuff

really now . . .

is this supposed to be some corrupt sort of cleverness on offer?

exactly what does the smiley face(s) negate here

FM
Last edited by Former Member
Originally Posted by Mitwah:
Originally Posted by yuji22:

God Bless a Caring PPP.

Publish the names of the first 100 recipients and identify those who are not PPP elites nor muslims.

Yugi, is gathering the info to prove us wrong.

Mitwah

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.