Skip to main content

Water supply contractors hard at work in the Belladrum, West Coast Berbice area.
Water supply contractors hard at work in the Belladrum, West Coast Berbice area.

500 West Berbice villagers to access potable water for the first time

THE Basic Needs Trust Fund (BNTF) has implemented two infrastructure development projects which will extend water distribution mains in four villages on the West Coast of Berbice in Region 5 (Mahaica-Berbice).The Belladrum Water Supply and the Tempie No. 30 Village and Lovely Lass Water Supply projects will allow some 500 residents to get access to potable water for the first time when they are completed by the target date of April 4th, 2016.

Potable water works in progress at No. 30 Village, West Coast Berbice.

Potable water works in progress at No. 30 Village, West Coast Berbice.

A BNTF media release said that the two projects are being implemented under its 7th Programme (BNTF 7) within the Water and Sanitation Sector with support from the Government of Guyana and funding from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) .

CDB GRANT
The CDB had provided a grant of GYD$13,325,000 for the upgrading of the Belladrum Water Supply. A similar amount had been provided by the CDB for the upgrading of Tempie No. 30 Village and Lovely Lass Water Supply, also to improve access to potable water for the beneficiaries.

The project at Belladrum will involve the installation of approximately 1,300m of 100 mm PVC distribution mains and flush-out points. The project in Tempie No. 30 Village and Lovely Lass villages will involve the installation of approximately 1,585m of 100 mm PVC distribution mains and flush-out points.

According to the release, as at last week the Belladrum project was about 75% completed and the Tempie No. 30 Village and Lovely Lass Water Supply was 80% completed. Both projects are being executed by R. Kissoon and Sons Contracting Service at contract sums of $8.4M and $10.9M respectively.

http://guyanachronicle.com/500...-for-the-first-time/

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Mr.T posted:

Look at the amazing speed the work is progressing at. Compared that to the snail's pace employed by contractors during the PPP era. When dem villagers finally get to taste clean drinking water I hope they remember is which president was in charge when the water started to flow.

That is because Belladrum is a PNC stronghold area!

Bibi Haniffa
Bibi Haniffa posted:
Mr.T posted:

Look at the amazing speed the work is progressing at. Compared that to the snail's pace employed by contractors during the PPP era. When dem villagers finally get to taste clean drinking water I hope they remember is which president was in charge when the water started to flow.

So for 23 years, the PPP punished them for being PNC by not giving them the basic water supply while all the PPP supporters in Berbice received water. PPP prapah wicked.

Mars
Mr.T posted:

If the PPP hadn't emptied the money bag and awarded contracts to crooks in the US, a lot more projects like this could be funded so that they could all be done at the same time. As it stands, resources and expert manpower is in short supply.

Correct - expert manpower is in short supply!!!!  The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing!

Bibi Haniffa
Bibi Haniffa posted:
Mr.T posted:

So you are saying that's why the PPP/C punished them and underdeveloped Belladrum for over 2 decades that they were in power.

Mitwah
Mars posted:
Bibi Haniffa posted:
Mr.T posted:

So for 23 years, the PPP punished them for being PNC by not giving them the basic water supply while all the PPP supporters in Berbice received water. PPP prapah wicked.

Dude - Belladrum ALWAYS had water supply.  Stope with your lies!!!!!

Bibi Haniffa
Bibi Haniffa posted:
Mars posted:
Bibi Haniffa posted:
Mr.T posted:

Dude - Belladrum ALWAYS had water supply.  Stope with your lies!!!!!

The news said that these people are receiving water for the FIRST time, not me. You're the one lying because they never had water before. Y'all vindictive bad. Imagine in the 21st century those people didn't have water under the corrupt PPP. 

Mars
Bibi Haniffa posted:
Mr.T posted:

Note that in 23 years of PPP rule, not ONE drop of water!

FM
baseman posted:
Mr.T posted:

If the PPP hadn't emptied the money bag and awarded contracts to crooks in the US, a lot more projects like this could be funded so that they could all be done at the same time. As it stands, resources and expert manpower is in short supply.

How come the PNC finding the money?

CDB GRANT. You see, even after 23 years of PPP rule Guyana remains so poor that it is the ONLY CDB beneficiary country (aside from maybe Haiti) which qualifies for grants.

Even little Dominica can only BORROW money.  No grants given!

FM
Bibi Haniffa posted:
Mr.T posted:

damn, you never let up with your silliness. Is the fact they were PNC the reason they were denied the essential to this point? You cannot have the argument both ways.

FM
Nehru posted:

All you blabber mouths, tell me how many Villages in Mahaica, Mahaicony, Cane Grove without running water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am celebrating 500 people now having access to fresh water. That is sufficient. If the others are without water 2.5 decades after the PPP...a pox on their houses. Everyone in Guyana should have fresh water. My hope this is a government plan.

FM
Stormborn posted:
Nehru posted:

All you blabber mouths, tell me how many Villages in Mahaica, Mahaicony, Cane Grove without running water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am celebrating 500 people now having access to fresh water. That is sufficient. If the others are without water 2.5 decades after the PPP...a pox on their houses. Everyone in Guyana should have fresh water. My hope this is a government plan.

In fact Guyana, a very wet country, in 2014 had one of the lowest % of population with access to piped water.  1/3 of the population lacked access.

FM
ball posted:

Guyana the land of many Waters

one man hay said him used to boil trench wata          

I am so sad Guyanese are not using their minds. Filtration systems are east to make and any small company can rapidly bootstrap itself by filling a niche in fabricating a cheap replaceable filter system for rain water and creek water.  Even trench water can be rapidly converted into distilled water easily using our abundant sun in simple low tech passive systems. The luck here is we have lots of water. I guess it is hard to compete with drug money in a small business. I hope with that being suffocated real entrepreneurship can spring up to fill niche areas. I can point at least 20 area where a small man with little cash can make an honest living and even become rich.

FM
Last edited by Former Member
Stormborn posted:
ball posted:

I am so sad Guyanese are not using their minds. Filtration systems are east to make and any small company can rapidly bootstrap itself by filling a niche in fabricating a cheap replaceable filter system for rain water and creek water.  Even trench water can be rapidly converted into distilled water easily using our abundant sun in simple low tech passive systems. The luck here is we have lots of water. I guess it is hard to compete with drug money in a small business. I hope with that being suffocated real entrepreneurship can spring up to fill niche areas. I can point at least 20 area where a small man with little cash can make an honest living and even become rich.

More the reason why one should retire from one's post behind the dollar store counter and remigrate and give their expertise.  Moutar and guitar at work.

FM
Drugb posted:
Stormborn posted:
ball posted:

More the reason why one should retire from one's post behind the dollar store counter and remigrate and give their expertise.  Moutar and guitar at work.

Sometimes I read RAA's writing...for the guilt of having read yours. At least he has an excuse for being a nut.

FM
Stormborn posted:
Drugb posted:

Sometimes I read RAA's writing...for the guilt of having read yours. At least he has an excuse for being a nut.

WHATTTAAXXX..  Druggie get hit out of the park.

cain
Bibi Haniffa posted:
Mr.T posted:

Yes, Black for Blacks. Kith and Kin.

This is the change that the PNC promised. They take lights from Indos area and flood lighted Linden.

Indos are now victims of racism and discrimination.

FM

The sleazy rass leader yall had never did a dam thing but fill his pockets and finally the new government is doing something for the people. You losers would never be happy with anything this government does and the beautiful thing about it, you losers cyan do a damn thing about it but bitch an belly ache  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

cain

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.