Skip to main content

FM
Former Member

8-year-old Berbice girl raped on her way home from school

8-year-old Berbice girl raped on her way home from school

By Royan Abrams

A joiner is in police custody assisting with investigations into an incident involving the rape of an 8-year-old East Bank Berbice girl on Friday, September 30,2016. The matter was only reported to the police on Monday, October 03, 2016.

News Room understands that the incident took place at about 12:00 hours on the day in question at the suspect’s home after he invited the victim and her brother over, while they were heading home from school.

According to information received, it was disclosed that the victim and her brother live with their 27-year-old mother and two other siblings.

The 8-year-old told police that on several occasions she along with her brother would visit the suspect’s home and he would give them food and sometimes money.

On the day of the incident, the suspect saw the 8-year-old and her brother while they were heading home from school and invited them to his home.

News Room was informed that the suspect invited the 8-year-old inside of his home while her brother waited on the outside but after waiting for a while, the brother decided to go inside to check on his sister where he discovered the 49-year-old suspect lying on top of her.

The boy raised an alarm and ran home where he informed his mother of what transpired after which the 8-year-old was taken to the New Amsterdam Public Hospital. She was examined by a doctor who provided the police with a medical certificate on the findings.

The suspect was arrested and is in custody.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Pedophiles are constantly targeting our children in Guyana. Whether they are going or coming from school, or at home, they are vulnerable to the good neighbor who would give them food and and money to reap sexual the benefit later. This 49 years old man was preying on this child for a while until he strikes. She was only 8 and he was 49. 

Question: Does he have a daughter, mother, sister or female relative that he would like this to happen to them? 

How that child would face her school mates and live with the trauma of being raped by a man old enough to be her father or grand father?

FM

The incident took place on Friday, Sept 30, 2016, and it was reported three days later. The mother is 27 yrs old living with four siblings. 

Something is fishy here! This could also be due to poverty and this man may have provided support to the family. (my assumption) Whatever the situation is, the ordeal is very sad for the young children. 

FM

Woman, 60, allegedly raped, stabbed to death:

A 60-year-old woman, believed to be mentally ill, was found murdered in her Cornelia Ida, West Coast Demerara (WCD) home around 10:30 hrs yesterday.

The shack where the woman’s body was discovered.

The shack where the woman’s body was discovered.

The dead woman has been identified as Bibi Kaneece, of Ball Field Street, Cornelia Ida, WCD. Her body was found in a hammock with multiple stab wounds to the chest.

Police believed that the woman might have been raped before she was stabbed to death since her skirt was pulled up to her chest and she was without underwear.

Kaieteur News understands that the woman’s body was discovered by her son who went to the house to drop off food.
Police have arrested one suspect and they are looking for a second.

A neighbour said that she was at her home yesterday when the woman’s son called out for her. “He called me and tell me to come see what happened and when I go, I see her in the hammock with dried blood on her stomach.”

The woman said that from the way her neighbour’s body was discovered, it seemed as if she was raped. “I am living right next to her and I didn’t hear anything. I heard no noise and normally she does talk and sing by herself but I didn’t hear anything (Sunday night).”

According to the woman, who asked not to be named, Kaneece was last seen bathing at the seawall around 17:30 hrs on Sunday after which she went into her home.

This newspaper was told that two years ago, a fisherman broke into the woman’s home and raped her. A report was made but the suspect was not charged.

http://www.kaieteurnewsonline....ed-stabbed-to-death/

FM
Prince posted:

The incident took place on Friday, Sept 30, 2016, and it was reported three days later. The mother is 27 yrs old living with four siblings. 

Something is fishy here! This could also be due to poverty and this man may have provided support to the family. (my assumption) Whatever the situation is, the ordeal is very sad for the young children. 

Is this another CN Sharma or is he related to him?

Squeeze his balls with a pair of pliers.

FM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.