Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Nehru:
Forced to VOTe??? Like you mistaking Guyana for Timbuktu or Ghana.
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.T:
If you are rich and have political connection then Guyana is not the worst place in earth to live. It's only if you are poor and have been forced to vote PPP or PNC that you have a future to fear.

Bai Pravi, you should hang out a bit more on Political. Dem gOG ppl write there how the women will be raped and the men will have no jobs to go to if the PPP don't win the election.
Mr.T
quote:
Originally posted by Pointblank:
quote:
Originally posted by raymond:
Even if one is a citizen now...he can be deported...

Only under certain circumstances for example if you lied on your application or had violated people rights even if is was done many tears ago, or terrorism charges

... along with being a former nazi, treason and running a prostitution business.
FM
quote:
Originally posted by ksazma:
And while I feel sorry for him, it just goes to show the importance of not breaking the law. No amount of money is worth one's freedom.

Exactly..I would not call him successful either because he has money. Success is hard earned and defined as 'Success is defined as being successful in every aspect of life without having to give up one aspect for another'.

Just my two cents. Good luck to the brother!
FM
quote:
Originally posted by alena:
quote:
Originally posted by ksazma:
And while I feel sorry for him, it just goes to show the importance of not breaking the law. No amount of money is worth one's freedom.

Exactly..I would not call him successful either because he has money. Success is hard earned and defined as 'Success is defined as being successful in every aspect of life without having to give up one aspect for another'.

Just my two cents. Good luck to the brother!

Big Grin Some considered Madoff successful.
FM
quote:
Originally posted by the new yorker:
quote:
Originally posted by Freaky:
are u a kanta Guyanese?

pardon my ignorance, but what is a kanta guyanese? i left guyana when i was four years old, so forgive me for not knowing very many guyanese phrases and terms.

Kanta, a guyanese colloquial term meaning phony or fake, not the genuine article, e.g That Louis Vuitton bag she was carrying was kanta, she bought it in China Town. Big Grin
FM
quote:
Originally posted by the new yorker:
quote:
Originally posted by Freaky:
dont be mad at me cause ur a moron, blame yuh mummah and daddee

ah, so that's your measure of intelligence, whether one speaks ghetto? interesting.

You will have to excuse Freaky. He is under the assumption that everyone speaks 'country coolie' Big Grin Big Grin
FM
quote:
Originally posted by raymond:
suh...this fella facing the possibility of 20 years in a US jail ( if found guilty at trial) vs a plea bargain of serving 3 years, then being deported to Guyana...

He has lived most of his life in the US...very successful...what should he do?

Take a chance at trial or serve the 3 years and then back to Guyana?
That dude is not getting three years in any deal. He will serve a minimum of 10 and practical everything he owns will be appropriated to pay off his victims or as penalties. He does not have any bigger fish to serve up since his smaller buddies served him as the fatted calf to be sacrificed to the gods of the law. Luckily he has some stash in GY but if the AFC prevents the PPP from a majority Lenora will be revisited. He is clearly a crook. It is not like everyone did not know this. Way back in the mid 90s there were hundreds of people complaining and everyone of you can possibly point to a friend or relative he scammed since he preyed on Guyanese and Asians.
FM
quote:
Originally posted by Miraver:
If Ed takes the plea bargain and serve three years here in the US, he can still be deported and stripped of his US citizenship (just reiterating what was stated earlier). Should he be deported, he will be barred from entering the US for 10 or 20 years. It could even be longer. If he wants to reduce this sentence, he'll have to file a waiver which will have to show hardship for his US citizen child and wife (if she is not deported as well). It will take him years to get back to the US. If he plans on migrating to another country, he'll have to state his jail time, deportation etc. etc and that will definitely be a setback for him.
felonies immediately drops a lifetime ban. That came in because of the gang problem
FM
quote:
Originally posted by D2:
That dude is not getting three years in any deal. He will serve a minimum of 10 and practical everything he owns will be appropriated to pay off his victims or as penalties. He does not have any bigger fish to serve up since his smaller buddies served him as the fatted calf to be sacrificed to the gods of the law. Luckily he has some stash in GY but if the AFC prevents the PPP from a majority Lenora will be revisited. He is clearly a crook. It is not like everyone did not know this. Way back in the mid 90s there were hundreds of people complaining and everyone of you can possibly point to a friend or relative he scammed since he preyed on Guyanese and Asians.

he thinks he's gonna beat it and walk away a free man with no record. seriously, that's what he thinks.
FM
quote:
Originally posted by D2:

It is not like everyone did not know this. Way back in the mid 90s there were hundreds of people complaining and everyone of you can possibly point to a friend or relative he scammed since he preyed on Guyanese and Asians.

There is another crook on 930 am (radio) Sun mornings encouraging the Guyanese people in Queens to buy homes with zero down.
FM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.