Skip to main content

FM
Former Member

DDL launches $500,000 50-yr-old rum.

This is all that's on Granger's mind for prostitution day, and the private sector must pay the bill or else. In the mean while, people are losing jobs, others are begging and children are starving, while Granger is preparing to w/hore out the taxpayers money on a one day party. See for yourself!

April 12, 2016 | By | Filed Under News 

Demerara Distillers Limited (DDL) launched its El Dorado Grand Special Reserve 50-year Old Rum at its Complex in Diamond, East Bank Demerara, last evening.

President David Granger [right) receives the first bottle of the Special Reserve 50-year-old from the Executive Chairman of DDL, Komal Samaroo. (MOP Photo)

President David Granger (right) receives the first bottle of the Special Reserve 50-year-old from the Executive Chairman of DDL, Komal Samaroo. (MOP Photo)

The occasion saw participation from various local and foreign dignitaries as they were treated to an evening of music, dance and rum-tasting, among other activities.
Executive Chairman of DDL, Komal Samaroo, informed the gathering that the product costs $500,000 (vat inclusive), per bottle. Every bottle carries a unique number along with an 18-carat gold pendant bearing the El Dorado logo attached.
Samaroo continued that with every bottle sold, $100,000 will go towards the DDL Foundation.
The first bottle was handed over to the President of Guyana, David Granger.

History, creating the 50-year Old special Reserve
According to the Master Distiller, Shaun Caleb, DDL is not only known as the producers of the finest rums, but also as a preserver of Guyana’s history and heritage. He continued that rum, much like sugar, “is central to our origin as a people”.

Caleb, who attended Princeton University as a DDL Cadet and apprentice to the late Master Distiller, George Robinson, told the gathering that during the 1670’s to the 1780’s every sugar plantation in Guyana had at its disposal, a “small” distillery which consumed the molasses by-product from the sugarcane and converted it into alcohol – rum.
Starting in the 1940’s, when there were only nine distilleries of the once 300-plus in existence, Caleb explained that a few “decisional milestones” were taken from that time on.

One of the milestones, he said, was that if any sugar plantation and/or distillery should close, the rum produced from the now defunct distillery would be preserved either by transferring the distilling equipment to a nearby plantation or by the replication  of that rum or equipment on a nearby plantation that was still in operation.

A bottle of the Special Reserve 50-year-old on display.

A bottle of the Special Reserve 50-year-old on display.

By 1966, the nine surviving distilleries of the 1940’s, had been reduced to five and by 1970, only three distilleries have endured.
Caleb continued that although these three distilleries would have been closed in early 90’s, the rums hearkened back are still produced at Diamond very much true to the same style as the original draws.
Caleb explained that DDL’s Master Blender, Sharon Sue-Hang started with a core of the oldest rum preserved on DDL property.

Two-thirds of the blend of the Special Edition comes from barrels of rum that were distilled on the transferred still, known as the Port Mourant Still, and laid down to preserve in 1966.
The 1966 batch was then augmented with rums that are 40 to almost 50-years-old.

The Port Mourant Still comprises two large wooden vats constructed from Greenheart. It was first erected in 1732 at Port Mourant. It was relocated to Skeldon in 1955. In 1960, when Skeldon was closed, it was moved to Albion then to Enmore.

It was later moved from Enmore to Uitvlugt and finally to Diamond.
The Rum Industry’s contribution to Guyana
President David Granger, in his feature address, traced the history of how rum came to being in the Caribbean. He pointed out that the industry has certainly evolved over the ages; from 300 micro-distillers to just two major distillers, DDL and Banks DIH Limited which contribute tremendously to Guyana’s economy.

He pointed out that the production of alcoholic beverage increased from 20.3 Million in 2012 to 24 Million last year.
The President also identified rum as being a “major” contributor to Guyana’s exports; its employment and excise revenue.

“The Rum industry is a part of Guyana’s beverage industry which employs thousands of workers and indirectly, through bars, hotels and traditional rum shops, helps to sustain employment for more than 20,000 other persons,” the President said.
He continued that DDL and Banks DIH together paid over $9.1 Billion in taxes to the state last year.

“Well done DDL,”
Four casks were signed off by the President last evening. Three containing rum, will be placed into storage. The other cask will be filled with mementos.
These casks will be opened when Guyana celebrates its Diamond Jubilee, in the next 25 years.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Is Guyana its market? 

$500,000 per bottle, then BK and few others are customers.

Why was it not launched in the NA and get the GOG to be present as this is a huge reserve source for its economy.

Vish M

I would buy a bottle in support of Guyanese trade. I don't know why Cobra is condemning those in Guyana for producing something that the rich can afford, and that could bring in hard needed foreign currency. Those starving and begging should have a word with their parents. 

Mr.T
Mr.T posted:

I would buy a bottle in support of Guyanese trade. I don't know why Cobra is condemning those in Guyana for producing something that the rich can afford, and that could bring in hard needed foreign currency. Those starving and begging should have a word with their parents. 

WOULD YOU SAY THE SAME IF PPP WAS IN OFFICE.  

FM
ian posted:
Mr.T posted:

WOULD YOU SAY THE SAME IF PPP WAS IN OFFICE.  

I don't care who is in power or opposition. I don't make my buying decisions based on political parties. I leave that to you and your drug mules.

Mr.T
Cobra posted:

$500,000 for a pint of piss. How long a poor man have to work for that money?

News coming out of Guyana ... Jagdeo PISS is in the bottle. Granger get the first bot and Mr T indicate his willingness to buy. 

FM

As it seem some unconscionable bastards support Granger's lavish prostitution spending of $300M, extorting the private sector and ordering $500,000 rum on the backs of the poor and hungry people of Guyana. Welcome to accountability and good governance where Granger live like King and the poor eat shit.

FM
Last edited by Former Member

As the article mentioned, Granger was presented with a bottle. He did not have to buy one.

As for the rum drink itself: the largest part of the rum output is consumed by East Indians. ANd then only the cheap versions. The expensive ones are exported, providing jobs to the cane cutters.

It is a sign of how badly the PPP ran the economy when the PPP has to come on GNI and admit to have pissed in the rum. I hope that this disgusting disclosure does not have a negative effect on our exports. If it came to be known that the PPP also pissed on the padi, then things will only get worse.

Mr.T

Guyana already has more rum on the export market that are too expensive. Who will buy a 50 yrs old rum that cost US$2,500? Even if I was a filthy rich person, I wouldn't wast that kind of money on a pint of piss. It would be more rewarding to feed and clothe the poor and hunger.

FM

Mean spirited bunch of losers. Granger is the president and to him goes all t he benefits afforded a head of state in these kinds of ceremonies and celebratory events.  None of you scumbags ever complained when Ramorat had his office decorated with black labels ets. Gwan da side you bunch of sour pusses.

FM

No one should be surprised, is the PNC we are talkin bout. People will be on line at Hope Estate soon begging for a pound of sugar after cleaning drains and weeding while Granger on his horse sipping Rum

Nehru
Stormborn posted:

Mean spirited bunch of losers. Granger is the president and to him goes all t he benefits afforded a head of state in these kinds of ceremonies and celebratory events.  None of you scumbags ever complained when Ramorat had his office decorated with black labels ets. Gwan da side you bunch of sour pusses.

How ironic to see Granger lavishing in the sweat of the poor sugar workers, the same people he will put out of a job. It's an insult for him and the coolie PNC to be drinking $500,000 a bottle of alcohol when the country is one of the poorest in the world, this is the making of another Papa Doc. They drink 50 year old and the people from Wales drink trench water.

K
kp posted:
Stormborn posted:

How ironic to see Granger lavishing in the sweat of the poor sugar workers, the same people he will put out of a job. It's an insult for him and the coolie PNC to be drinking $500,000 a bottle of alcohol when the country is one of the poorest in the world, this is the making of another Papa Doc. They drink 50 year old and the people from Wales drink trench water.

That's because of their Karma.

Mitwah
Nehru posted:

The frigging women of Guyana cant get a bloody bed to deliver their Babies and this animal sipping 500000 dollars rum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If one drop fall, you have it wipe it with bread and eat it. Granger get one bottle free. He will have to order at least 100 cases for his boys for prostitution day. How much would that be?

FM
Stormborn posted:

Obviously a conflict of interest by accepting a 2.5K gift. Govt offcials accepting gifts over 100 US is considered as accepting bribes.

FM
Mitwah posted:
kp posted:
Stormborn posted:

You speak like one low life coolie. Sugar workers are hard working people, they don't ask for hand out, end of this year an entire community will be living hand to mouth, while Nagga , Rumjaat, Granja and boys drinking 50 years rum.News Today, AFC is DEAD.

K
Drugb posted:
Stormborn posted:

Obviously a conflict of interest by accepting a 2.5K gift. Govt offcials accepting gifts over 100 US is considered as accepting bribes.

When does the code of conduct takes effect? Is Granger immune from it?

FM
Cobra posted:

Guyana already has more rum on the export market that are too expensive. Who will buy a 50 yrs old rum that cost US$2,500? Even if I was a filthy rich person, I wouldn't wast that kind of money on a pint of piss. It would be more rewarding to feed and clothe the poor and hunger.

Stop with the lies. u know damn well if u get half chance u would guzzle that piss with delight and ask fuh mo.

Sheik101
Drugb posted:
Stormborn posted:

There are no such laws in Guyana. The US has detailed rules. Maybe you should advocate such rules.

FM
Mr.T posted:

The PPP could not even focus. So Granger is at least one up on Bharat and that other idiot that was also PPP president. What's his name again?

and that other idiot. What's his name again?  Mr T.  

FM
Mitwah posted:
kp posted:
Stormborn posted:

I think someone is using Mitwah handle. Helloooooo Can you tell Mit Happy Navratri.  

He must be busy doing he Durga 

FM

Another dumbass thread by a miserable prick. You guys talkin crap making it sound as though the Government is now in the business of producing expensive rum? The rum was presented to the President, it is above board.

How many items were presented to Jagdeo that we know nothing of? Let's start with the large ass containers received from Jagdeo's conman buddy who's about to do time, Ed?

cain
Cobra posted:

Harbhajan [extreme right) with residents during a site visit at one of the blocked channels yesterday

Clogged outfalls cause flooding in Corentyne villages.

http://guyanachronicle.com/clo...-corentyne-villages/

Let them coolie worry about their own problems. I am busy with my buddy Granger, drinking Guyana's best rum money can buy.

So why are they just standing there? Is who they waiting for? Why don't they start unclogging the blockage?

Mr.T
Mr.T posted:
Cobra posted:

Harbhajan [extreme right) with residents during a site visit at one of the blocked channels yesterday

Let them coolie worry about their own problems. I am busy with my buddy Granger, drinking Guyana's best rum money can buy.

So why are they just standing there? Is who they waiting for? Why don't they start unclogging the blockage?

They pay Taxes Fool. Not for their tax dollars spend in Black neighborhood. 

If coolie don't pay taxes your acolytes  backside punish .

KUMBAYA. 

FM
ian posted:
Mr.T posted:
Cobra posted:

KUMBAYA. 

Hey antiman, how you know they paying taxes? Dem hired you for the night to inspect their finances?

Mr.T
Mr.T posted:
Cobra posted:

When I tyell Al YUh this Chap is a DONKEY who braying daily, some Al YUh did not believe Uncle Nehru. Well, Al Yuh see fuh Al Yuh self!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nehru
Nehru posted:
Mr.T posted:
Cobra posted:

When I tyell Al YUh this Chap is a DONKEY who braying daily, some Al YUh did not believe Uncle Nehru. Well, Al Yuh see fuh Al Yuh self!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Nehru, your wrist not swollen up yet from all that hand nob you doing on GNI?

Mr.T
kp posted:
. when the country is one of the poorest in the world, .

Funny. Before May last year folks like you were screaming that Guyana was the richest country in CARICOM, better off even than Trinidad, Barbados, and The Bahamas.

Now suddenly its poor when IMF stats don't show that the Guyana economy collapsed.

FM
Cobra posted:

Well they went and voted PPP in LGE.  Drainage is a LOCAL issue.  NOT a national one.

So let the "coolie people party" do some work instead of merely boasting that they "consolidated the East Indian support base".

It isn't as if flooding only started becoming a problem over the last 11 months.

FM
Last edited by Former Member

HEHEHE Dem stupig DAAG dis bein ah tell guyanese Dem gun stop flood like  they were God and the GNI DUMMY crew believed every word that they heard. What a BUNCH od ILLITERATE and STUPID FOOLS!!!   Big Hospital gun never see women on Floors if Al yuh Vote fuh we and these STUPID MORONS believed them!!!

Nehru
Mr.T posted:
ian posted:
Mr.T posted:
Cobra posted:

KUMBAYA. 

Hey antiman, how you know they paying taxes? Dem hired you for the night to inspect their finances?

Mr.T posted:
ian posted:
Mr.T posted:
Cobra posted:

KUMBAYA. 

BT Boy your feces went up your brain. I don't want you to hang yourself, so I rather not tell who I spend the night with. 

FM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.