Skip to main content

FM
Former Member

The numbers don't lie folks. Obama's America is BOOMING. The unemployment rate has dropped to 6.7%.

* Americans not in the labor force exploded higher by 535,000 to a new all time high 91.8 million.

* The civilian labor force dropped from 155.3 million to 154.9 million, which
means the labor participation rate just dropped to a fresh 35 year low, hitting levels not seen since 1978, at 62.8% down from 63.0%.

* Millions have given up looking for work.

* Soon the unemployment rate will be ZERO.

* LONG LIVE OBAMA.

Rev 

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by raymond:
Originally Posted by Rev:

if you are over 40 and looking for work...it's tough in this current economic climate

* What about the millions of college kids graduating with big college loans and can't find a decent paying job ?

Rev

well...no one tell them to major in liberal arts

Dat is not true. My son has a business Degree and 2 yrs now cant find Wuk!!!!

Nehru
Originally Posted by Nehru:

if you are over 40 and looking for work...it's tough in this current economic climate

* What about the millions of college kids graduating with big college loans and can't find a decent paying job ?

Rev

I know...just kidding

what did he major in...general business or something specific

Fields like marketing, management, sales and some other business fields does not offer much to people of color...we have to be more technical or professional...things like accounting, science, actuary offer more opportunities

FM

* I guess Raymond's son studying science/math/computers---so he's poking fun at others.

* But the dirty secret in America today is millions of young people can't find a decent job---or can't find a job period.

Rev

FM

Rev

I know...just kidding

Fields like marketing, management, sales and some other business fields does not offer much to people of color...we have to be more technical or professional...things like accounting, science, actuary offer more opportunities

Business Administration Ray.

Nehru

* I guess Raymond's son studying science/math/computers---so he's poking fun at others.

* But the dirty secret in America today is millions of young people can't find a decent job---or can't find a job period.

Rev

not poking fun bro...just facing reality...brown people don't move up in corporate America with a regular business degree...then need to specialize

FM

Rev

I know...just kidding

tell him to go back and get an accounting degree...and make sure his credit is good to get a job in that field

He can go to Queens College part time and work part time...do it now, not later

FM

Rev

My son not interested in business...he wants something in engineering...and a minor in a foreign language

FM

not poking fun bro...just facing reality...brown people don't move up in corporate America with a regular business degree...then need to specialize

* We are not talking about moving up the corporate ladder.

* WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MILLIONS OF YOUNG PEOPLE LOADED UP WITH COLLEGE DEBT AND CAN'T FIND A JOB.

* Not everybody can study science and mathematics.

* HOW CAN AMERICA GET BACK TO CREATING JOBS ?

Rev

FM

* We are not talking about moving up the corporate ladder.

* WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MILLIONS OF YOUNG PEOPLE LOADED UP WITH COLLEGE DEBT AND CAN'T FIND A JOB.

* Not everybody can study science and mathematics.

* HOW CAN AMERICA GET BACK TO CREATING JOBS ?

Rev

Jobs are in science and mathematics...or something technical, or even accounting (which don't need science or a lot of Mathematics)

This is the reality

FM

Rev

I know...just kidding

tell him to go back and get an accounting degree...and make sure his credit is good to get a job in that field

I agree. He has his own idea. He can do a masters Degree under a Program CUNY has for free but don't listen. I did my part and now it is up to him.

Nehru

Rev

I know...just kidding

I agree. He has his own idea. He can do a masters Degree under a Program CUNY has for free but don't listen. I did my part and now it is up to him.

I hear you

FM

Nehru:

* Kids can be stubborn these days.

* Your son's best option would be to pursue his masters----he may get lucky with a government job when he is done.

* It's been 2 years since he graduated---and no job----the reality is there will be no job----he has to now think about specializing like Raymond says----maybe go to plumbing school---or he can pursue that Masters at CUNY you mentioned.

Rev

FM

Nehru:

* Kids can be stubborn these days.

* Your son's best option would be to pursue his masters----he may get lucky with a government job when he is done.

* It's been 2 years since he graduated---and no job----the reality is there will be no job----he has to now think about specializing like Raymond says----maybe go to plumbing school---or he can pursue that Masters at CUNY you mentioned.

Rev

Thanks Rev but meh talk till meh mouth hut meh.

Nehru

Nehru:

* Remember how you used to think yuh more smart and wise than yuh father ?

* Well, yuh son putting it in yuh rass---he think he more smart than you.

* Anyway, since he will not listen to you or his Mom---tell him the facting Rev says his a$$ needs to wise up---there is no friggin job with a Bachelor's degree in business----and he has to keep on with his studies.

* The boy got lazy---he wants PU$$Y---study too hard----too much work.

* Well---tell he Rev said---yuh can't make love on a hungry belly---let him go do that friggin CUNY masters---especially if it's free.

Rev

FM

Nehru:

* Anyway, since he will not listen to you or his Mom---tell him the facting Rev says his a$$ needs to wise up---there is no friggin job with a Bachelor's degree in business----and he has to keep on with his studies.

* Well---tell he Rev said---yuh can't make love on a hungry belly---let him go do that friggin CUNY masters---especially if it's free.

Rev

Nah, he is a good Kid. He nah look fuh P$$$y. He more into Playstation 4 and thing. Never tasted Beer nor Likka.

Nehru

Nehru:

Rev

Nah, he is a good Kid. He nah look fuh P$$$y. He more into Playstation 4 and thing. Never tasted Beer nor Likka.

The looking is done by he daddy.

Nehru

Not really. He is angry that he did the RIGHT thing and now he is not being rewarded for his effort. Hopefully, he will snap out of it soon.

Give him this message from Bill Gates:

* He can choose to remain angry and feel sorry for himself.

* Or he can keep on trucking---STUDYING!

* Nothing will land in his lap.

* Doing that CUNY masters will keep him busy.

Rev

FM
Originally Posted by warrior:
Originally Posted by JB:

Mr Nehru you should advise him to come to Guyana and work for a few years. Get some experience. 

guyana experience do not count in the USA.nehru maybe he have to stop thinking about finding a job and try to be self employ 

Well it in all circumstances. Some of my friends who sponsor to canada found their experience handy once they get there. BTW I thought this board is for promoting Guyana and movement back by the diaspora?

FM
Originally Posted by JB:
Originally Posted by warrior:
Originally Posted by JB:

Mr Nehru you should advise him to come to Guyana and work for a few years. Get some experience. 

guyana experience do not count in the USA.nehru maybe he have to stop thinking about finding a job and try to be self employ 

Well it in all circumstances. Some of my friends who sponsor to canada found their experience handy once they get there. BTW I thought this board is for promoting Guyana and movement back by the diaspora?

buddy lots of people that come here on self sponsorship not only from guyana but the west indies have to go back to school or take jobs far below they expectation.now who in their right mind will send they children to work in guyana,if the president daughter did self sponsorship in canada to get away from guyana what you think the rest of the guyana want.ask robert why his wIfe get babies in AMERICA

FM

Rev

One of the major misunderstood issues is that being a graduate from universities and institutes of higher learning guarantees a job, especially in or by the government.

While there are graduates in all possible disciplines and it is each individual's responsibility to then seek/create an environment to suit her/his expectations.

FM

Rev

a liberal arts degree is a good launching pad. A person coming out with a computer science degree has a shelf life of about a year if they do not get hired immediately in a developmental area. Many companies look to people with philosophy and English degrees because they know they are critical thinkers and great communicators.

My son dropped out of U of Penn to be a mechanic. My heart sank when I got the news. I begged him to stay and do even basket weaving because the experience in an elite school would be good on a resume. He just did not like it and went into auto engineering at Virginia Tech instead. I say just listen and make sure they are happy at what they do. My kid is a happy kid, with no bad habits and likes what he does.

FM

Companies do not hire minorities for critical thinking and communication skills, those jobs reserved for white folks...that's just the way it is...

Colored folks need to specialize...your son is smart

i am so happy my son does not care for business (as he puts it, sitting in a cubicle or office is mind numbing)

FM

Companies do not hire minorities for critical thinking and communication skills, those jobs reserved for white folks...that's just the way it is...

Colored folks need to specialize...your son is smart

i am so happy my son does not care for business (as he puts it, sitting in a cubicle or office is mind numbing)

I had a feeling the kid dropped out to be close to his girlfriend who was in grad school at chapel hill. But what can you do. They are thick as thieves and seemed to have planned every thing out. They are on their way to japan for a couple of years they say.

FM
Originally Posted by Danyael:

========

My son dropped out of U of Penn to be a mechanic. . He just did not like it and went into auto engineering at Virginia Tech instead. I say just listen and make sure they are happy at what they do. My kid is a happy kid, with no bad habits and likes what he does.

* Your son chose to pass up on an Ivy education to do something he is enthusiastic about.

* I can tell you right now that's a young man who will have a happy and successful life.

* He made up his mind early that he had no responsibility to live up to what parents or other people think he ought to do or accomplish.

* GOOD FOR HIM.

* I always tell young people---don't think about what you want to be---think about what you want to do---do what you get the most pleasure from---anything that interests and excites you---do it.

* All the best to your son---that young man is WISE---he'll have a happy life.

Rev

FM
Last edited by Former Member

* Ask your son to research the percentage of engineers with Bachelor degrees who choose to pursue an MBA instead of a Masters in Engineering.

* There is a monotony in every single profession----include engineering.

Rev

FM

Had you told me that when I was young, there would be someone in EVERY Village calling me DADDY.

ha ha ha ha

* And think about how happy and contented you would be today instead of being stuck in a boring cubicle hoping and praying for retirement and social security checks to kick in one day.

Rev

FM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.