Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If this is better than their life in Venezuela, I just can't imagine how bad it was there

Surprised to see that they are indigenous people.  Sad that they have to leave from their homeland

Hubby watched the video but could not recognize any of his 'home village'.

VG I was wondering where in Zb this isâ€Ķ.that is my cuz Shabna from LeDestein.  She mentioned Mandall n 2nd Stâ€Ķ

it has been decades..but i think yr hubby lived off Mandall St..but was it 3rd or 2nd st??  I used to tostay in the back Stâ€Ķtook a left into Mandall St n then. A rt into FLORIE’s st n then a right into sch st . Yr hubby lived on the opp side of FLORIE’s st

the thing is i cannot imagine 72 people live in this house/yard.  Do they take turns to sleep??

Lynn
@Lynn posted:

VG I was wondering where in Zb this isâ€Ķ.that is my cuz Shabna from LeDestein.  She mentioned Mandall n 2nd Stâ€Ķ

it has been decades..but i think yr hubby lived off Mandall St..but was it 3rd or 2nd st??  I used to tostay in the back Stâ€Ķtook a left into Mandall St n then. A rt into FLORIE’s st n then a right into sch st . Yr hubby lived on the opp side of FLORIE’s st

the thing is i cannot imagine 72 people live in this house/yard.  Do they take turns to sleep??

How about taking turns for latrine?

cain
@Amral posted:

You guys know a painter guy named Desmond and he had a helper called Devil back in those days

Btw BM..i met yr cuz (Sim..  whn he FIL died) His inlaws r like family to me..1 of them has been my BFF from since we were 12 yrs

i stayed with the eldest in DeWillem back St during the last. 6 months of mu HS days ie from Jan-June76

Lynn
@Lynn posted:

Lynn, I only visited Zeeburg about 4 times before marriage and left for Canada the w/e after wedding!

I know that hubby lived on the same street as the ball field, but on the other side.

You made me laugh at "Florie".....when I was pregnant with my 1st child, I had my long hair cut... with bangs and a blunt cut in the back. When I got home, my hubby took one look at me and started laughing and could not stop for minutes on end.....every time he looked at me he buss out laughing.  Why?  he said I looked just like Florie . I didn't even know who Florie was. I have photos with that haircut and he still get a good chuckle when we go down memory lane looking at albums

Villagebelle

Lynn, I only visited Zeeburg about 4 times before marriage and left for Canada the w/e after wedding!

I know that hubby lived on the same street as the ball field, but on the other side.

You made me laugh at "Florie".....when I was pregnant with my 1st child, I had my long hair cut... with bangs and a blunt cut in the back. When I got home, my hubby took one look at me and started laughing and could not stop for minutes on end.....every time he looked at me he buss out laughing.  Why?  he said I looked just like Florie . I didn't even know who Florie was. I have photos with that haircut and he still get a good chuckle when we go down memory lane looking at albums

omgâ€Ķ.

Florie..i rem going into her shop..da lady used to fret!!

guess wht..my bro who lives in 2nd st Zb calls his 2nd daughter Florie..

i. Must ask her why??

Oh girl..u mek me laff !!

Lynn

My Niece said she thinks she looked like Chinese whn she was a baby..(not sure , she will ask her dad why he calls her Florie) lol

Lynn

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.