Skip to main content

Source

DPI, GUYANA, Thursday, August 31, 2017

The Guyana Water Incorporated (GWI) today signed contracts for the construction of three water treatment plants in Regions Three, Four and Six.

Managing Director of GWI Dr. Richard Van West-Charles and Project Manager of Siohydro, Hong Zhou shake hands on the contract for the water treatment plants.

Chinese company Sinohydro will construct the three plants, which total more than US$30M, in Uitvlugt, West Bank Demerara, Diamond, East bank Demerara, and Sheet Anchor, Canje Berbice. The contract also makes provision for the replacement and installation of transmission mains in the project areas.

The drafting of the plans for these facilities was three years in the making and is expected to increase GWI’s water coverage by more than 60 percent.

Minister of Communities Ronald Bulkan noted the realisation of the water plants is part of this administration’s drive to bring the good life to all through the provision of safe potable water.  Minister Bulkan stressed the need for “value for money” while telling the contractor that this will be “lawfully enforced”.

Performing her final duties as Minister within the Ministry of Communities, Minister Dawn Hastings-Williams observed that the plants will prove to be energy efficient and cost effective for GWI.

“Guyana trusts your experience in doing a work well done,” Minister Hastings-Williams charged the contracting company.

The Minister pointed out 6,764 households will benefit from the water plants in Region Three, on the East Bank of Demerara 9,292 households stand to gain while 4,629 households will benefit from the water treatment plant in Canje, Berbice Region Six. The per capita investment is approximately $30, 000 per household.

The objective of the water plants is to improve the quality and sustainability of water supply to these communities.

Managing Director of GWI, Dr. Richard Van West-Charles, noted that the three plants will complement GWI’s existing 24 water plants across Guyana. In addition to the water plants, the GWI will soon begin the construction of wells in the project regions.

Dr. Van West-Charles added that these plans “come within GWI’s strategic plan” which is pending the board’s approval.

By: Tiffny Rhodius

Minister within the Ministry of Communities Dawn Hastings-Williams.

Minister of Communities Ronald Bulkan.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I look at the two ministers photo, Bulkan has a water bottle behind him, Williams has a bottle of Absolute Vodka behind her. A bunch of drunkards running Guyana or preparing for a visit by Rumjaat.

K
kp posted:

I look at the two ministers photo, Bulkan has a water bottle behind him, Williams has a bottle of Absolute Vodka behind her. A bunch of drunkards running Guyana or preparing for a visit by Rumjaat.

Good observation KP.

Django

What is interesting that our chief slop can carrier has failed to mention, is that while in opposition the pnc/afc buse down the Chinese claiming that they were raping Guyana. Now today we see them handing out contracts to the same Chinese. 

FM
Drugb posted:

What is interesting that our chief slop can carrier has failed to mention, is that while in opposition the pnc/afc buse down the Chinese claiming that they were raping Guyana. Now today we see them handing out contracts to the same Chinese. 

Oh skites.... filth brain show up.

Django
kp posted:

I look at the two ministers photo, Bulkan has a water bottle behind him, Williams has a bottle of Absolute Vodka behind her. 

That woman should have another kinda bottle behind her, like President Donald Ramotar:

FM
Drugb posted:

Good lord man. Do you argue just for the sake of arguing? Are you seriously comparing the situations? Baishanlin was "raping" Guyana's forests.

GTAngler

hi people i new here, reading all these postings about this and that.  join few months, too busy with house stuff, pickneys, man, daily stuff.  not sure why we dont see some positive.  ppp did good, pnc could also.  i go to guyana few times a year.  people there say things get bad but not panic.  they hope the pnc will sort themselfs out.  some people want give them a chance and i mean many indians in the ppp areas.

still allot of drunks, drugs and violence.  it worse than under the ppp but was always bad anyway.  allot of race issues, worse than before.

FM
Django posted:
Drugb posted:

HAHAHA The CHIEF FILTH BRAIN talkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nehru
Lady Bird posted:

hi people i new here, reading all these postings about this and that.  join few months, too busy with house stuff, pickneys, man, daily stuff.  not sure why we dont see some positive.  ppp did good, pnc could also.  i go to guyana few times a year.  people there say things get bad but not panic.  they hope the pnc will sort themselfs out.  some people want give them a chance and i mean many indians in the ppp areas.

still allot of drunks, drugs and violence.  it worse than under the ppp but was always bad anyway.  allot of race issues, worse than before.

Lady Bird,welcome !!

good to see you peep in GNI,

feel free to share your views.

Django
Last edited by Django
kp posted:

Hope you ease up on your drinking. Take your meds and go watch a Bollywood movie.

Mitwah
Django posted:
Lady Bird posted:

Lady Bird,welcome !!

good to see you peep in GNI,

feel free to share your views.

thanks.  will try.  don't get much time.  i been reading but not writing. 

FM
Mitwah posted:
kp posted:

Hope you ease up on your drinking. Take your meds and go watch a Bollywood movie.

I went to your house last night you must change the bed it makes nuff noise I had a bang on time just a bit tired. Just doing what you can't do.

K
Django posted:
Drugb posted:

Rass bai, like you forgot who build Marriott, Skeldon etc, the same Chinese that you folks now embrace. Already you singing their praises without the water plant even built as yet. 

FM
GTAngler posted:
Drugb posted:

Good lord man. Do you argue just for the sake of arguing? Are you seriously comparing the situations? Baishanlin was "raping" Guyana's forests.

Really, you forgot the buse down of the Chinese who you folks claim can not build anything reliable? Who built Marriott that now have structural issues according to the jackasses? Who built Skeldon which you folks now claim is a pile of scrap metal? Wasn't baishinlan for sure!

FM
Drugb posted:
GTAngler posted:
Drugb posted:

Really, you forgot the buse down of the Chinese who you folks claim can not build anything reliable? Who built Marriott that now have structural issues according to the jackasses? Who built Skeldon which you folks now claim is a pile of scrap metal? Wasn't baishinlan for sure!

These are the same folks who were awarded these contracts? Sinohydro is a Chinese Government owned company.

GTAngler
RiffRaff posted:

Development!!!

Take dat  non believers

Rass bai, you celebrating even before the plant build. I believe celebration should be when they actually build the structure and the plant don't bruck down like Skeldon after a few years because Chinee man decide to use cheap parts and tek shortcuts. 

FM
Last edited by Former Member
GTAngler posted:
Drugb posted:
GTAngler posted:
Drugb posted:

These are the same folks who were awarded these contracts? Sinohydro is a Chinese Government owned company.

So now you folks are saying that not all chinee build substandard plants? This is clearly a departure from previous ranting by the slop can crew as they tried to demonize the Chinese.

FM
Drugb posted:
GTAngler posted:
Drugb posted:
GTAngler posted:
Drugb posted:

So now you folks are saying that not all chinee build substandard plants? This is clearly a departure from previous ranting by the slop can crew as they tried to demonize the Chinese.

You said it, I didn't....

GTAngler
kp posted:
Mitwah posted:
kp posted:

I went to your house last night you must change the bed it makes nuff noise I had a bang on time just a bit tired. Just doing what you can't do.

My security guard told me. He said  that he had to wear an asbestos coated condom and a bio-hazard suit when he banged you. The noise was from your head banging the head board. Even the family dog had a good time with you. Hope the dog fixed  your chronic hemorrhoids from his fastening. Damn, I have to take him to the vet to check him for STD.

Have a great day. 

Mitwah
GTAngler posted:
Drugb posted:
GTAngler posted:
Drugb posted:
GTAngler posted:
Drugb posted:

Apparently you don't see the question mark. 

FM

In addition, what you folks missed was that this also was a PPP initiative.  But of course in the spirit of the exxon oil find, the pnc slop can boys will claim it for their own, 

The drafting of the plans for these facilities was three years in the making and is expected to increase GWI’s water coverage by more than 60 percent.

FM
Drugb posted:
GTAngler posted:
Drugb posted:
GTAngler posted:
Drugb posted:
GTAngler posted:
Drugb posted:

Apparently you don't see the question mark. 

Don't waste time educating these fools.

K
Drugb posted:
GTAngler posted:
Drugb posted:

We have all agreed here that Skeldon is a pile of junk. You people were the ones shouting that the Marriott fell into disrepair overnight. Just like how Public Hospital underwent the same overnight deterioration.

GTAngler
Mitwah posted:
kp posted:
Mitwah posted:
kp posted:

My security guard told me. He said  that he had to wear an asbestos coated condom and a bio-hazard suit when he banged you. The noise was from your head banging the head board. Even the family dog had a good time with you. Hope the dog fixed  your chronic hemorrhoids from his fastening. Damn, I have to take him to the vet to check him for STD.

Have a great day. 

So you have a security doing the banging for you, so is true they call you Dead Prick?

K
kp posted:
Mitwah posted:
kp posted:
Mitwah posted:
kp posted:

Have a great day. 

So you have a security doing the banging for you, so is true they call you Dead Prick?

Gwan da side. You're no match. You are too ill-witted

Mitwah
Last edited by Mitwah
kp posted:
Mitwah posted:
kp posted:
Mitwah posted:
kp posted:

Have a great day. 

SO, the only issue you have with that whole statement is it was the Security Guard? Yuh saying the rest is facts?

GTAngler
GTAngler posted:
kp posted:
Mitwah posted:
kp posted:
Mitwah posted:
kp posted:

Have a great day. 

SO, the only issue you have with that whole statement is it was the Security Guard? Yuh saying the rest is facts?

Hey kiddo who the hell are, you go ride your try cycle. 

K
kp posted:
GTAngler posted:
kp posted:
Mitwah posted:
kp posted:
Mitwah posted:
kp posted:

Have a great day. 

Hey kiddo who the hell are, you go ride your try cycle. 

Just going with what you wrote Chach..........an ah doan ride Tricycle anymore. Ah ridin dem big boy 2 wheel Caloi.....

GTAngler
GTAngler posted:
Mitwah posted:

I understand KP is about 75  KP teck dis. 

Ah, explains a lot. Might have been a little too hard on the geezer...

Cut the wild speculation, Mitwah et al. KP and I were schoolmates at the primary level. I'm 66 years young. I suppose KP is about the same, give or take a few months. DON'T CALL US "GEEZER".

FM
Gilbakka posted:
GTAngler posted:
Mitwah posted:

Cut the wild speculation, Mitwah et al. KP and I were schoolmates at the primary level. I'm 66 years young. I suppose KP is about the same, give or take a few months. DON'T CALL US "GEEZER".

Thank you countryman , tell them deh. They have no respect for their elders I have to talk to their parents.

K
kp posted:
Gilbakka posted:
GTAngler posted:
Mitwah posted:

Thank you countryman , tell them deh. They have no respect for their elders I have to talk to their parents.

Much respect. Behave your age now else my Security guy will give you some more of this. 

Mitwah

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.