Skip to main content

Dozens of Muslim protestors gathered to demand that businesses stop selling alcohol in a popular East London area yesterday.

The group, led by former Al-Muhajiroun leader Anjem Choudary, warned restaurants and shops in the Brick Lane area that they face 40 lashes if they continue to sell the product, which is banned under Sharia Law.

Around 60 men and women in burkhas handed over warning letters to Muslim-owned businesses in the area after the protest was initially delayed by a small number of English Defence League members staging a counter-protest.

Scroll down for video

The Muslim protest, calling for the ban of alcohol in the Brick Lane area, was led by Anjem Choudary [pictured)

The Muslim protest, calling for the ban of alcohol in the Brick Lane area, was led by Anjem Choudary (pictured)

Around 60 Muslim campaigners gathered in Brick Lane, East London, yesterday to protest the sale of alcohol

Around 60 Muslim campaigners gathered in Brick Lane, East London, yesterday to protest the sale of alcohol

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The sale of alcohol in licensed eating establishments or grocery stores is one of the pillars of British democracy. I would urge the British government to make sure that shop keepers business owners are protected by the law. The British public is already being forced to buy halal meat even though they are not muslims. Preventing the public from buying alcohol is  step too far. We are not living in a muslim state under islamic laws. 

Mr.T
Originally Posted by Chief:

The irony with some of the Muslim business owners that sells alcohol and pork, is that as you enter some of these stores you can hear the Holy Quran being played on their audio systems.

They need more than 40 lashes!!

If the do so that is their choice....which part of of their right to do so you do not get. Call them fake muslims all you want but insisting they be lashed is plainly absent an understanding in what world you live. This is not a religiously governed state.

FM
Originally Posted by Sunil:

Dozens of Muslim protestors gathered to demand that businesses stop selling alcohol in a popular East London area yesterday.

The group, led by former Al-Muhajiroun leader Anjem Choudary, warned restaurants and shops in the Brick Lane area that they face 40 lashes if they continue to sell the product, which is banned under Sharia Law.

Around 60 men and women in burkhas handed over warning letters to Muslim-owned businesses in the area after the protest was initially delayed by a small number of English Defence League members staging a counter-protest.

Scroll down for video

The Muslim protest, calling for the ban of alcohol in the Brick Lane area, was led by Anjem Choudary [pictured)

The Muslim protest, calling for the ban of alcohol in the Brick Lane area, was led by Anjem Choudary (pictured)

These are the same *******s speaking of "foreigners in Muslim lands"! Were I there I would throw a rock at these asses and ask my friends to do the same.

FM

Mr T WHY YOU DON'T SHUT YOUR SKONT.

wHO ARE FORCING WHO TO BUY HALAL MEEAT?

SECONDLY  PLEASE READ THE ARTICLE AGAIN, THE protestors were targeting muslim business owners.

What makes targeting Muslims right before the states laws? The very act is an infringing on the rights of citizens to do as they please! Let them shun them from their mosques, not marry their children etc... this idiocy of demanding one confirm to their ways in the public square is grossly wrong and demanding condemnation. It is straight up eye pass by these fundamentalist pricks.

FM
Last edited by Former Member

* The Rev agrees with Danyael.

* By the way, in the great US of A, the muslim people are well behaved.

* After 9/11 all the extremist muslims went into hiding.

* They are still plotting and scheming---the extremists will forever be evil.

* But The US does not tolerate the nonsense we see in the UK from extremist Muslims.

Rev

FM
Originally Posted by Mr.T:

The meat suppliers and butchers are being forced to put up a sign to show if they sell halal meat or not. Otherwise their business suffers. The white butcher in my neigbourhood has had to close. At the same time three butchers selling only halal meat suddenly open shop. It is a scandal. 

It's not a scandal it's called change in the market place.

In NY City Hot Dog carts were once a fixture at every street corner. Today halal food carts took over and they are visible every where. So some smart vendors now carry both hot dog and halal chicken and rice.

In London Fish & Chips used to be the most popular dish, today curry and roti is almost there.  If I am not mistaken the demand is more  for curry than fish and chips.

The real  scandal is people like you who cannot accept change.

Chief
Originally Posted by Danyael:

Mr T WHY YOU DON'T SHUT YOUR SKONT.

wHO ARE FORCING WHO TO BUY HALAL MEEAT?

SECONDLY  PLEASE READ THE ARTICLE AGAIN, THE protestors were targeting muslim business owners.

What makes targeting Muslims right before the states laws? The very act is an infringing on the rights of citizens to do as they please! Let them shun them from their mosques, not marry their children etc... this idiocy of demanding one confirm to their ways in the public square is grossly wrong and demanding condemnation. It is straight up eye pass by these fundamentalist pricks.

Fundamental pricks they may be but it is no different than when  Christian groups protest in front of abortion clinics.

The law is the law however one cannot stop folks from protesting.

Chief

..just like picketing and bricking down the mosque that someone wanted to build in Manhattan. The message...Islam is not welcome.

The Kufars make money by seling fake halaal products. It is up to Islamic community to protect their children from these fakirs.

You are either halaal or not. If you want to open a rum shop, you can't call yourself halaal. Convert to another religion and sell your tar.

FM
Originally Posted by Danyael:

These are the same *******s speaking of "foreigners in Muslim lands"! Were I there I would throw a rock at these asses and ask my friends to do the same.

Now you want to start violence.

I do not go around finding out who is who in muslim communitites but I have come across this fellow on numerous instances on tv saying some of the most asinine shit. I do not want to start violence. He does and you should know he does since he is an Oama disciple, pretends he wants to build a mosque on Buckingham palace and since there is only one religion in his mind he will not tolerate any. Now, If you do not know him then shut the hell up about me wanting violence. This fundamentalist prick has me and those like myself in his sight. I would throw a rock at his ass or his disciples  if he comes to demand my neighborhood comply with his idea of law. He said he does not recognize any other.

FM
Originally Posted by TI:

..just like picketing and bricking down the mosque that someone wanted to build in Manhattan. The message...Islam is not welcome.

The Kufars make money by seling fake halaal products. It is up to Islamic community to protect their children from these fakirs.

You are either halaal or not. If you want to open a rum shop, you can't call yourself halaal. Convert to another religion and sell your tar.

Then avoid the fake one. Publicize them in the mosques as fakes etc. The idea of forcing people to be what ever one wants them or according to what one defines as appropriate is pure crap. Protect your community by avoiding these places. I do not see the big brands hiring goons to visit the roadside vendors who counterfeit their products.

This fellow does not recognize other religion so what are you talking about when you say convert?

FM
Originally Posted by Mitwah:

Did muslims work on the sugar estates in Guyana and do any still work there?

Don't get technical now!!

This is why I like you.

Same here my brother, it's mutual!!

Hope all is well at your end, please check me out next time you are here in NY.

Chief

This is why I like you.

Same here my brother, it's mutual!!

Hope all is well at your end, please check me out next time you are here in NY.

Probably in the spring for a wedding.

Mitwah

the Muslims I knew in Guyana are not the ones here. Actually, the ones I see emerging in Guyana are not the ones I grew up with. That is the import that somehow recreates the Muslim ethos of the ancestors into one that the arabs say is appropriate.

I would not want Catholics coming and saying that Catholicism is the ancient way and all must convert or else.

FM

If you are promoting a religious business, and want your business to serve a religious community, then you have to adhere to their religious rules, or get out. 

if you allow these predators to overrun the community, soon you might have people calling themselves pandits selling beef in a butcher shop, or Catholic religious stores selling condoms and sex toys next to bibles and rosaries.

Religious communities have have a right to protest, and look out for themselves, because others won't. Actually others even protest if a religious community wants to build a mosque to pray in.

Now if you want to throw bricks at these protestors, be prepared for retaliation. And when they retaliate, call them terrorists.

FM
Originally Posted by Mr.T:

The meat suppliers and butchers are being forced to put up a sign to show if they sell halal meat or not. Otherwise their business suffers. The white butcher in my neigbourhood has had to close. At the same time three butchers selling only halal meat suddenly open shop. It is a scandal. 

It's not a scandal it's called change in the market place.

In NY City Hot Dog carts were once a fixture at every street corner. Today halal food carts took over and they are visible every where. So some smart vendors now carry both hot dog and halal chicken and rice.

In London Fish & Chips used to be the most popular dish, today curry and roti is almost there.  If I am not mistaken the demand is more  for curry than fish and chips.

The real  scandal is people like you who cannot accept change.

There is a difference between change in the organic sense as opposed to a bunch of fanatical religious  pricks threatening you with lashes. This man and his clan  and those of his ilk are a bane to democratic societies.

I do not know who in the world care if meat is halal vs haram except those who are ritualistically concerned with propriety. In my area there is an entire five block square where there is everything Kosher and Halal and I see both Muslims and Jews going about their business in their special religiously appropriated space  without picketing the Chinese store down the street who sells everything from eels to chicken feet and pigs ears.

Everyone of our supermarkets from the giant to the food lion to the fresh foods and whole foods has a kosher section. Should jews run around with sticks threatening these markets to make all foods kosher?

FM
Originally Posted by TI:

If you are promoting a religious business, and want your business to serve a religious community, then you have to adhere to their religious rules, or get out. 

if you allow these predators to overrun the community, soon you might have people calling themselves pandits selling beef in a butcher shop, or Catholic religious stores selling condoms and sex toys next to bibles and rosaries.

Religious communities have have a right to protest, and look out for themselves, because others won't. Actually others even protest if a religious community wants to build a mosque to pray in.

Now if you want to throw bricks at these protestors, be prepared for retaliation. And when they retaliate, call them terrorists.

Quit the bull.Your attitude is close to  his. If one promotes religious foods there will be grades of propriety as it is business and business is about preference and taste in a democratic society. If the religious bodies about town determines that the food is substandard because the proper religious standards are not set the have no right to go and threaten the meat seller. Their right to their religious community is to inform them of the places they should not go to.

Your examples are all spurious. Catholics do sell condoms as Catholicism accepts gradations of tolerance and perceptions of religious propriety. There are no hindu groups picking pandits as poor upholders of religious doctrine since Hinduism is henotheist and acknowledges the right of groups to pursue rituals as they see fit even though some may grumble. By the way, Hinduism and beef eating is not as taboo as you think since the Vedas do have mention of eating beef with no sanction. It is a matter of popular preference.

Religious communities have a right to protest and even call for legal sanction the do not have a right to threaten to injure or to injure anyone. They also have no right to set standards anyplace, anytime and on any account. They so that internal to their practices and not externally to society.

In any event, this firebrand fundamentalist moron want to make all of us like him or we have no place. The brits are very tolerant. In the US he would have a bunch of ( legal suits burying his silly behind)  in reciprocation to his wanton aggression, vile threats and bilious religious  bullshit.

FM

One of the things that make America great is that if someone decided to throw a brick at a protestor that  vagabond will be charged and possibly go to jail.

I like that. This idiot would be in jail for threats to give people 40 lashes. How quick you are able to grasp that fact when I would be the one standing up for my right! That fool does not exist  here for good reason.

FM
Originally Posted by TI:

You calling D2 a vagabond now? I heard the man is a Don Juan!

If the scope of the term was inclusive of preventing a religious bully from beating up my neighbor for religious impropriety I would gladly accept being called a "vagabond" if it meat throwing a rock at his head to prevent t he assault. That man believes in a vile form of Islam from my perspective, He has no right to demand anyone do as he thinks is religiously right. Her is lucky christian Britain does not believe they need to enforce religious propriety but accept the reality of a plurality of religions where his despicable behind can exist.

FM

quote:
 In my area there is an entire five block square where there is everything Kosher and Halal and I see both Muslims and Jews going about their business in their special religiously appropriated space  without picketing the Chinese store down the street who sells everything from eels to chicken feet and pigs ears.

You saying the same Chinese store selling halaal and kosher along with pig ears?

Read the article again. This is a Paki incident concerning Paki halaal businesses. What they do in their culture is of no concern to brick throwing outsiders. The Pakis may have strange ways but the Paki businesses have been a boon to the English economy. 

FM
Originally Posted by TI:

quote:
 In my area there is an entire five block square where there is everything Kosher and Halal and I see both Muslims and Jews going about their business in their special religiously appropriated space  without picketing the Chinese store down the street who sells everything from eels to chicken feet and pigs ears.

You saying the same Chinese store selling halaal and kosher along with pig ears?

Read the article again. This is a Paki incident concerning Paki halaal businesses. What they do in their culture is of no concern to brick throwing outsiders. The Pakis may have strange ways but the Paki businesses have been a boon to the English economy. 

no I did not say the Chinese stores have a kosher or halal section. I said I would not want them attacked. I also said stores have a kosher section. These stores do sell other non kosher products. The Chinese store is not far from the Square where there is just kosher stores.

Whether it is Paki halal business or not one should not be open to assaults by religious freaks. Have the priests chastise them in the  temples and picket them if you choose but do not threaten them with lashes if they do not change. They have a right not to change as he and his people have a right not to shop there.

FM
Originally Posted by raymond:

what right do these protestors have to threaten a businessman?

trp open a Sikh vegetarain restaraunt  in the Sikh neigborhood and then sell cigaretts, see what will happen. 

cigarettes is vegetarian so what is their gripe? Next they will be asking you go sarbloh bibek and use only iron cooking utensils of they will beat you up...I have a rock for them also if smoking cigarettes is acceptable in the law.

FM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.