Skip to main content

Declared 2020 Regional Election Results

Following are the Regional Results that the Returning Officers for several districts have declared. However, the Returning Officers say the results for the votes cast for the General Elections will be declared by the Chief Elections Officer of the Guyana Elections Commission, Keith Lowenfield.

Results for Districts 3 (West Demerara-Essequibo Islands), District Four (Demerara-Mahaica), District 6 (East Berbice- Corentyne) and District 10 (Upper Demerara-Upper Berbice) have not yet been declared. The Return Officer for District 7 (Cuyuni-Mazaruni) has refused to provide his results to the media.

District 1 – Barima/Waini
APNU+AFC…3,839
PPPC…7,996
LIBERTY AND JUSTICE PARTY…145
UNITED REPUBLIC PARTY…77
Total Eligible Voters: 18,952

DISTRICT 2 – Pomeroon/Supenaam
APNU+AFC ….7,293
PPPC…18,752
CHANGE GUYANA…2,117
LIBERTY AND JUSTICE PARTY…135
UNITED REPUBLICAN PARTY…95
Total Votes Cast: 26,492 or 70 percent
Total Eligible Voters: 37,979

DISTRICT 5 – Mahaica/West Berbice
APNU+AFC…14,475
PPPC… 18,263
CHANGE GUYANA…125
PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC PARTY…55
UNITED REPUBLIC PARTY…60

DISTRICT 8 – Potaro/Siparuni
APNU+AFC…2,086
PPPC…2,041
UNITED REPUBLIC PARTY…39

District 9 – Upper Takatu/Upper Essequibo
APNU+AFC…4,826
PPPC…7,065
LIBERTY AND JUSTICE PARTY…282
UNITED REPUBLIC PARTY…55
Total Votes Cast…12,228

FM
Last edited by Former Member

Elections 2020: PPP/C takes Region 5

As Official Declarations of Preliminary Results continue to trickle in from the Returning Officers in the various Electoral Districts, the latest information points to the People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C) taking the Mahaica – Berbice District with a 3500 plus votes lead.

Region Five’s Returning Officer, Laikharam Pancham declared the results on Tuesday night.

The PPP/C secured 18,263 votes while the APNU-AFC got 14,475. Change Guyana received 125 votes while PRP and URP secured 55 and 60 votes respectively.

FM

@Brother Dave & Brother Kaz. This is BIG news.

My sources are indicating that according to SOP, PPP won by some 20,000 votes. Lets call a spade a spade. Lowenfield should stop dragging his ass and announce the results.

OAS is calling on him to do so to avoid the country plunging into civil war.

FM

@Sean ,nonsense .

The Elections will be close call ,with a few thousand votes. Three Regions will decide the winner Region 6, 4 and 10 .

As matter of fact ,got the total for Region 3 and 10 ,factoring that Region 4 and 6 decides the winner.

Django
Last edited by Django

Will be of interest to finally see the results for ...

Region 4  == Demerara - Mahaica -- Electors ==> 285,778

Region 6  == East Berbice - Corentyne -- Electors ==> 99,132

Region 10 == Upper Demerara - Berbice == Electors ==> 33,808

And eventually the full result of the elections.

FM

@ Django ... from the grapvine ... PPPC has won a landslide victory. I have said it earlier this morning about PPP victory. 

some say ... but don't quote me 

PPPC - 34 seats 

APNU 31 seats 

FM

No Mitwah. I stated that if the PNC is declared the winner, it will be only because they rigged the elections. I also stated that the PNC never won an elections in their entire history. Meanwhile, the PPP has won in 1953, 1957, 1961, 1964 (before the PNC coalesced with the UF), 1992, 1997, 2001, 2006 & 2011. 

FM

The seats quoted by Katahar is what multiple sources told me. 

That 10,000 votes i quoted this morning is from a very reliable source, who I can believe in. The guys will be  up all night, just like last night and i may have some info by 4- 5 am tom.

I am not surprise that 10,000 went to 15,000. But the 15,000 is not from my reliable source.

But the fact remain PPPC is heading for a majority win.  

FM

Then add 2020 to all the other years I showed above where the PPP has won elections. Meanwhile the despotic and violent PNC have never won one. They are still walking on their asses.

FM

@ Django, the AFC voters abandoned ship. Tell Carib I warned him. The worse attribute which leads to failure is arrogance.  The PNC bit the hand which fed them the golden nugget.  Now they reap the rewards!

FM

In the 2015 Elections ,Region 6  APNU+AFC loss by 17,507  votes ,in Region 4 APNU + AFC won by 43,615 votes.

My current calculation PPP leads by 28,514.  Region 7 not plugged in APNU + AFC usually win the Region. Now do the math.

Django

The metrics of the 2015 elections do not apply to this one as many of those gullible Indians have learned the error of their support for the AFC, a virtually non-existent party today.

FM
Link copied to your clipboard.